You can use this service without telling us who you are or revealing other Personal Information. If you send us a contact or feedback form you do not need to identify yourself or use your real name.
The aim of the website is to provide you with a trusted service and information regarding getting rid of a damaged, broken, unwanted vehicle, such as cars, Utes, Vans, 4WDs and Trucks
If you contact us we will collect the email address you nominate and any other identifying information you provide, such as a name or phone number.
Please do not give us other personal or sensitive information.
Other than circumstances such as unlawful activity or serious threats to health and safety, we do not share Personal Information with other government agencies. If you ask us about an issue that needs to be dealt with by another agency, we will provide you with the necessary details to make contact yourself. You may opt out of further contact from us at any time.
How we deal with complaints and requests
You may request access to Personal Information about you that we hold and you may ask us to correct your Personal Information if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete. You may also make a complaint about our handling of your Personal Information. These services are free of charge.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
You can contact us by email, or send your request or complaint to the postal address below. We undertake to respond within 30 days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
How we protect your Personal Information
This online service cashforcarsmelbourne.com.au is hosted in Australia in secure, trusted and an accredited facilities in Australia. To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. Our secure technology is always updated and tested on regular basis in order to avoid data loss.
Our employees are trained and warned to take the confidentiality of a user seriously. The privacy information is important to us and its rest assured that all the private information are maintained and secured. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Terms and Condition of Selling Your vehicle to us
When selling a vehicle to us, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. Our conditions are as below
- You own the vehicle and you are or were the registered owner of the vehicle that you are selling to us by providing us the proof of ownership such as driver’s license or old or current rego papers.
- If you are not the registered owner, you must have the authorization from its owner to sell or dispose of his or her vehicle on his or her behalf. Such as a letter of authorization from its owner stating his or her full name, address, a copy of the licence and signature.
- You are fully aware that the vehicle sold to us is clear of all titles such as stolen, written off, encumbrance or related offence with the vehicle.
- Our truck drivers are required by company policy to take a photo of your driver’s license or any other sort of photo id with their smart phones. All information are securely maintained and is only used for our own record.
- Vehicles, once sold to us will be neither returned nor credited, we have a no return no refund policy.
- Make sure you have removed all your personal belongings, etag, number plates etc., once the vehicle is towed away and we are not responsible for any loss of personal items.
- A cancellation fee is applied if you cancel a booking without letting us know. We need to be notified of any cancelation at least 24 Hours before the booking
- Quotes given for the vehicles are generally an estimate only and may change upon arrival. A definite price for the vehicle will be given upon a complete inspection of the vehicle as we don’t know in what condition the vehicle be over the telephone or email quotes.
This online service is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) – external site, including the Australian Privacy Principles – external site.
Contact us about your privacy concerns.
Alternatively, you can email us [email protected]